Zaporozhye State Medical University is one of the multidisciplinary institutions in Ukraine having the 4th level of accreditation with autonomous management. In 1959, the educational institutions were shifted from Odessa to Zaporozhyand in the year of 1968, the institute was renamed as Zaporozhye Medical Institute.
In 1994, the institute received the status of State Medical University which provides higher education services offering courses in bachelor, master, specialists, postgraduate studies, internships, doctoral studies, pharmacists, etc.
It is one of the oldest & best medical higher educational institutions in Ukraine. For more than 40 years, it has gained authority and recognition by training foreign citizens from Europe, Latin America, USA, Canada, Asia, and Africa. More than 3500 specialists have got medical and pharmaceutical education and are working now in more than 100 countries of the world, taking up high positions in the public health systems of their countries.
Mayakovs’koho Ave, 26, Zaporizhzhia, Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine, 69000
- Affiliation : : Zaporizhzhia State Medical University is recognized by World Health Organization (WHO), the Medical Council of India (MCI) as per IMC ACT 1956. Zaporizhzhia State Medical University joined ECV (Electronic System of Credentials Verification) in the frames of the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Established : 1930
- Courses offered : MBBS
- Duration : 6 years
- Eligibility : 10+2 or equivalent with subject Physics, Chemistry and Biology with minimum 55% in each subject. Admission will be based on highest credentials and admission test (NEET)/interview.
- Medium of Instruction : English
- Food : Hygienically prepared nutritious food available. Indian food is also available on campus.
- Dormitory : 5 student hostels of the University accommodate about 3000 persons; three of them are for foreign citizens.
- Weather : The climate of the Ukraine can be described as dry and continental influenced climate with warm, dry summers and fairly severe winters. In summer daytime temperatures reach 25-30°C. January is the coldest month with daytime temperatures usually around 0°C.