Ireland is an island nation on the westernmost edge of Europe. It is the continent’s second largest island (after Great Britain). The Republic of Ireland occupies 80 percent of this landmass, while a large chunk of land in the north is part of the United Kingdom.
Ireland is known for its wide expanses of lush, green fields. In fact, its nickname is the Emerald Isle. But there are also large areas of rugged, rocky landscape. About 15,000 years ago, Ireland was completely covered by thick glaciers. The movement of these giant sheets of ice stripped the soil, leaving huge tracts of flat, limestone pavement.
The midlands and west coast of Ireland are dotted with damp peat bogs, the soggy remains of dried-up ancient lakes left by the glaciers. Ireland’s highlands rise mainly in the southwest, often ending at sheer cliffs that plunge thousands of feet into the Atlantic Ocean.
Ireland is a part of European Union and is a very dynamic and modern country with a young population. More than 40% of its population is below 25 years. It is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, with population of 6.37 million. The country also boasts the highest quality of life in the world, ranking first in the Economist Intelligence Unit’s Quality-of-life Index. Ireland has topped the World’s Friendliest Countries in a survey made by the Lonely Planet travel guide group.
- Accepts students for post graduation with 15 yrs of education, unlike a few countries.
- One of the best education systems in Europe with a history rich in tradition and learning.
- Quality education leading to rapid growth of economy. It has 6.4% unemployment rate.
- Over 2,00,000 international students.
- 1 year master’s degree
- No prior work experience required for MBA
- International Students can work Part-time (approximately 20 hrs/week)
- Excellent wage rate
- Close links between educational institutions & thriving economy.
- Moderate Climate. Suitable for people living in India.
- Modern life style, safe & secure environment in which one can live, work & study.
- An English speaking country.