Southwest Medical University formerly Luzhou Medical College is a medical university in Luzhou, Sichuan, China. The university was established in 1951. Southwest Medical University is under the provincial government of Sichuan and is listed with the World Health Organisation (WHO) and International Medical Education Directory (IMED). The university has two campuses: Zhongshan and Chengbei, covering 1,004,700 square meters in total.
Hong Xing Road, Long Ma Tan District, Luzhou City , Sichuan Province, P.R.China 646000
- Affiliation : The college is under the provincial government of Sichuan and is listed with the World Health Organisation (WHO) and International Medical Education Directory (IMED).
- Medium of Instruction: English. Study of Chinese language compulsory in the 1st year which can be extended. This is for facilitating effective interaction during clinical period and comfortable stay. Passing of the HSK (Chinese) is mandatory.
- Established : 1916
- Courses offered :
MBBS Program Master’s Degree in Medicine & Surgery Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy.
Duration : 5 years Studies and 1 year Internship. Internship may be done either in the university or in the home country.
- Eligibility : 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Admission will be based on high school credentials and Admission Test (NEET) /Interview.
- Food :Hygienically prepared nutritious food available. Although Chinese cuisine predominates in the canteen, it is possible to get cuisines from other countries from the numerous restaurants and eateries that dot the city.
- Accommodation : Spacious and comfortable dormitories provided on a Twin Sharing basis, A/C, Internet & Attached Bath etc. Separate dormitory for boys and girls. Shops are located inside the campus making it very convenient for students.
- Weather : Winter-Max:12°C Min:6°CSummer – Max:32°C, Min:18°C
- Luzhou Situated in the Sichuan Province of China which is a National historical and cultural city as also a National Clean city.