Southern Medical College & Hospital is one of the best medial college in Bangladesh. The college was established in 2005 and is affiliated with the University of Chittagong which is approved by Medical Council of India (MCI). Southern Medical College is located in Chittagong which is the second largest city in Bangladesh with a population of more than 2.5 million people. This means a steady patient flow for students during their clinical practice. Southern Medical College is one of the best colleges for MBBS in Bangladesh.
Southern Medical College is a Private college by status and is also approved by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Bangladesh. It is also approved by Nepal Medical Council. Southern Medical College offers MBBS program for a course duration of 5 years and one-year compulsory internship. The college has facilities to train Medical and Paramedical staff. We are committed to enhance the quality of life through improved health care, the preparation of those professionals who will serve the health needs of others and the discovery of knowledge that will benefit us all. Southern Medical College & Hospital is situated on 2.5 acres of land at East Nasirabad, Khulshi, Chittagong. The administrative offices & all the departments are well organized, well furnished & adequately equipped for the lectures, tutorials, dissection. Southern Medical College has well-equipped laboratory, practical room, museum & library with adequate books, journals and computer with internet facilities. The Academic Faculty in both College & Hospital now consists of 194 full-time members – blend of a distinguished body of academics with proven teaching & research excellence and younger professionals with varied experience. Well-furnished and secured male & female student hostels are available within the college campus area. Hygienically cooked and healthy food is also available for the students studying in Southern Medical College.
East Nasirabad, Khulshi, Chittagong-4209, Bangladesh
- Affiliation :The college is affiliated by the University of Chittagong and recognized by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BM&DC).
- Established : 2005
- Courses offered : MBBS
- Duration : 6 years including internship
- Eligibility: Minimum GPA 4.0 or equivalent grade in Secondary School Certificate and Higher Secondary Certificate examinations or in equivalent examinations respectively with subject combination of physics, chemistry and biology.
- Medium of Instruction : English
- Campus : Urban
- Food : Nutritious and hygienically prepared food available in the college. All vegetables available in India are also available in Bangladesh.
- Academic Session : Jan-Dec
- Accommodation : Twin Sharing Dormitories available.
- Weather : The weather in Chittagong is pleasant. High Temp is 32 °C. Low Temp is 15 °C.