Shantou University Medical College (SUMC) is an important part of Shantou University (STU), a public university, was founded in 1983 with continued generous support from the Li Ka Shing Foundation.
The college has set a vision for building a world-class university that not only provides excellent educational opportunities, but also produces young people with hearts of public service.
Shantou University Medical College offers a 5 + 3 Joint Bachelor-Master programs in Clinical Medicine, a five-year program in Clinical Medicine, a five-year program in Dentistry and Stomatology, a four-year program in Nursing and a series of master’s, doctoral and post-doctoral programs in medicine. At present, there are 2,885 students enrolled in educational programs at SUMC, including 1,515 undergraduate students, 1,249 master students and 113 doctorate students. Among 229 full-time faculty members, 62.9% hold a doctorate degree and 47.2% have international experience either by studying or working abroad. Shantou University Medical College boasts an extensive network of five affiliated hospitals with over 5,500 patient beds and six associated partner hospitals to service eastern and northern Guangdong, the Pearl River Delta as well as Hainan and provide clinical training to medical students.
22 Xinling Road, Shantou, Guangdong 515041, P.R.China
- Medium of Instruction: English. Study of Chinese language compulsory in the 1st year which can be extended. This is for facilitating effective interaction during clinical period and comfortable stay.
- Courses Offered:
BS in Nursing
- Faculty: SUMC has 228 full-time faculty members, among whom 90 have full professor ranks and 76 have associate professor ranks, 62.72% hold doctorate degrees and 45.61% have international experience either by studying or working abroad.
- Eligibility : 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Admission will be based on high school credentials and Admission Test (NEET) /Interview.
- Food :Hygienically prepared nutritious food available. Although Chinese cuisine predominates in the canteen, it is possible to get cuisines from other countries from the numerous restaurants and eateries that dot the city.
- Accommodation : Spacious and comfortable dormitories provided on a Twin Sharing basis, A/C, Internet & Attached Bath etc. Separate dormitory for boys and girls. Shops are located inside the campus making it very convenient for students.
- Weather : Winter: Max:10°C Min:-1°CSummer: Max:32°C, Min:21°C
- Shantou, a city on the eastern coast of Guangdong Province, China. It is 215 miles from Hong Kong and 207 miles from Gaoxiong of Taiwan.