Odessa National Medical University “ONMU” established in 1900, and it is officially the largest university of medicine situated in Europe. The university acquired the National accreditation status in 1977. ONMU was the first medical university to gain a national rating in Ukraine.
ONMU is the government university with the blend of world-known scientists, founders of scientific medical schools, Noble prize winner, Director of Institute of Experimental Immunology etc.
The Institute is a member of Bologna process affiliated to medical councils of all the countries. In 1996, ONMU is the first university in Ukraine which started medical education in English medium
In the year 2005, Institute has received an award for the development of modern model teaching in English medium for the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine. University has a tie-up with the European and International Association of universities leads to reformation of medical education in the country.
Campus: Valikhovs’kyi Ln, 2, Odesa, Odessa Oblast, Ukraine, 65000
- Affiliation : : Odessa National Medical University is recognized by World Health Organization (WHO), the Medical Council of India (MCI) as per IMC ACT 1956. Zaporizhzhia State Medical University joined ECV (Electronic System of Credentials Verification) in the frames of the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Established : 1900
- Courses offered : MBBS
- Duration : 6 years
- Eligibility : 10+2 or equivalent with subject Physics, Chemistry and Biology with minimum 55% in each subject. Admission will be based on highest credentials and admission test (NEET)/interview.
- Medium of Instruction : English
- Food : Hygienically prepared nutritious food available. Indian food is also available on campus.
- Dormitory : Spacious and comfortable dormitories with A/C, internet service, modern facilities. Separate hostels for boys and girls with 24*7 securities.
- Weather : The climate of the Ukraine can be described as dry and continental influenced climate with warm, dry summers and fairly severe winters. In summer daytime temperatures reach 25-30°C. January is the coldest month with daytime temperatures usually around 0°C.