Nanfang (Southern) Medical University, is one of the premier Medical Universities of the Peoples Republic of China. The university is under the provincial government of Guangdong and is listed with the World Health Organization and International Medical Education Directory (IMED). It is also enlisted with the Medical Council of India. Southern Medical University is a rich haven for research and development in the field of medicine.
1838 Guangzhou N Ave, Baiyun, Guangzhou, Guangdong, P R China.
- Affiliation : The college is under the provincial government of Guangdong and is listed with the World Health Organisation and International Medical Education Directory (IMED). It is also enlisted with the Medical Council of India.
- Medium of Instruction: English. Study of Chinese language compulsory in the 1st year which can be extended. This is for facilitating effective interaction during clinical period and comfortable stay. Passing of the HSK (Chinese) is mandatory.
- Established : 1916
- Courses offered : MBBS
- Duration : 5 years Studies and 1 year Internship. Internship may be done either in the university or in the home country.
- Eligibility : 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Admission will be based on high school credentials and Admission Test (NEET) /Interview.
- Food :Nutritious and hygienically prepared food available in the college. All vegetables available in India are also available in China.
- Accommodation : Spacious and comfortable dormitories provided on a Twin Sharing basis, A/C, Internet & Attached Bath etc. Separate dormitory for boys and girls. Shops are located inside the campus making it very convenient for students.
- Weather : Guangzhou a city located in the south eastern part of China has pleasant moderate climate which resembles with most of the cities in India.
Summer – Max: 34° C Min: 24° C
Winter – Max: 26° C Min: 17° C
- Located at the foot of the picturesque Baiyun mountains, it covers an area of nearly one million square meters filled with lush greenery. Address: 1838 Guangzhou N Ave, Baiyun, Guangzhou, Guangdong, P R China.