Medical Education in Philippines
When it comes to studying MBBS abroad, there are only a few countries that are suitable for Indian MBBS aspirants, marred by a complex NEET system, high donation and high competition for MBBS admission in India.
Study Medicine in the Philippines as it is one of the easiest and most preferred options for Indian students. The medical universities of the Philippines are approved by NMC and WHO and have been found in the list of IMED and ECFMG medical education directories. MBBS Syllabus of Philippine covers all aspects of MBBS degree taught across the globe.
Philippines is one of the topmost English-speaking nations of the world. So, the communication for the Indian students won’t be a problem in Philippines. In Philippines, there is no entrance or donation system For the Indian MBBS applicants who have cleared their 12th standard exam with 50% marks in PCB and have to clear NEET appraisal to apply for MD or MBBS admission in Philippines. Philippines is a small country and is now producing large number of doctors. The standard of medical education in Philippines is at par with global standards. The medical degree in Philippines is MD – doctor of medicine, equivalent to MBBS degree in India.
Advantages of Studying Medicine in Philippines
- A highly advanced and modernized medical education system designed according to the USA system
- International approval for MBBS degree from the Philippines, including NMC
- Easy admission procedure for Indian students
- MBBS education in the Philippines is reasonably priced.
- Excellent exposure to patients during clinical rotation or internship
- No donation to study Medicine in the Philippines
- Free coaching for USMLE
- High-salary jobs for Indian students after completing MBBS in the Philippines and there is an opportunity for practising in the USA
- No need for IELTS or TOEFL
NMC Approved Colleges in Philippines
- Ago medical and educational center
- Bicol Christian college of medicine
- AMA School of Medicine
- Angeles University Foundation
- Ateneo de Zamboanga University
- Baguio Central University
- Cagayan State University Tuguegarao (Carig)
- Cebu Doctors University College of Medicine
- Davao Medical School Foundation
- Manila Central University
- University of Perpetual Help Rizal Jonelta
- Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation
MBBS program in Philippines is five years, followed by a 1-year compulsory clinical rotation or internship programme done in a hospital approved by the concerned university. MBBS in Philippines follows the semester system and each semester is of 6 months.
The medium of instruction is English. The cost of living and education fees here are quite affordable as compared to other medical colleges around the world. The average cost of the MBBS degree in Philippines varies from 24 Lakh-30 Lakh INR.
- The applicant has to be age 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- The students must complete 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from a recognized board. The minimum scoring percentage should be above 60 % in all the major subjects.
- The applicants must have qualified for the NEET exam
University Of Perpetual Help Rizal Jonelta
Alabang–Zapote Road, Pamplona 3, Las Piñas City, 1704, Philippines
Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation
Martin P. Posadas Avenue, San Carlos City 2420 Pangasinan, Philippines