Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University is one of the leading medical universities in Ukraine having the 4th level of accreditation affiliated with the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. Lviv National Medical University is named after Danylo Halytsky
On November 16th 1784, University of Lviv was restored with 4 faculties. In 2018, Danylo Halytsky was awarded as Grand Prix “Leader of International Activities” and also got a Gold Medal in the constitution of “Implementations of Innovations in the pedagogical process for improving the quality of graduates knowledge”.
During the autumn of 1939, Lviv Medical University was renamed Lviv Medical Institute. The Faculty of Medicine formed a separate structure from the University of Lviv. After which it became an autonomous university as State Medical Institute, with 495 physicians in its first two years. In 1996, the institute was upgraded into a university and was renamed the Lviv State Medical University.
The council of a young scientist of university brings together scientific and pedagogical workers of a certain age category. This includes graduate interns, graduates, postgraduates, clinical interns, candidates in medical sciences, assistant professor, associate professors.
Pekarska Street, 69, L’viv, Lviv Oblast, Ukraine, 79000
- Affiliation : University is included into Directory of World Health Organization (WHO) and into Directory of Universities of Central European countries.
- Established : 1784
- Location : Pekarska Street, 69, L’viv, Lviv Oblast, Ukraine, 79000
- Courses offered : MBBS
- Duration : 6 years including internship
- Eligibility : The candidate must secure 50% marks in 10+2 or any other Equivalent Board of Examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Medium of Instruction : English
- Campus : Urban
- Food : Hygienically prepared nutritious food available.
- Accommodation : The University has 8 hostels with everything needed for studying (including internet clubs and reading rooms), everyday life (with canteens, cafes, gym etc).
- Academic Session : Sep- Aug
- Weather : The climate of the Ukraine can be described as dry and continental influenced climate with warm, dry summers and fairly severe winters. In summer daytime temperatures reach 25-30°C. January is the coldest month with daytime temperatures usually around 0°C.